THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

General Palm Springs area.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

Postby Ellen » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:18 pm

Howdy All :D

Thanks so much for all of your thoughts and prayers 8) When Cynthia, Walt, Perry, Scott and Jim Bakos told me of the rescue efforts on my behalf, I wanted to weep with gratitude. Ever since I joined this board, I've felt that I have found a family.

I got home Friday night and enjoyed Walt's fabulous barbeque. I'm looking forward to eating Walt's Q again with y'all under more normal circumstances :lol: Thanks to Cynthia for her daily uplifting visits and snacks and to both Cynthia and Z for the anesthetic beverages. It was also wonderful to see Karin, Perry and Scott and to talk with Jim Bakos and Cy.

I have a tibia fracture (slid feet first into a tree coming down) which was reduced and fixed with a plate and screws. This is my first big fracture and it hurts alot :shock: I was told no weight-bearing for 3-4 weeks, though hopefully the doc will lighten my sentence. There's always the stationary bike :twisted:

I have cold injury similar to 2nd degree frostbite on all fingers of my right hand, both knees, and several toes on both feet. My right finger tips are black and the tops of my fingers are blistered -- I call this my gargoyle look. As Cynthia indicated, my rear is also black and blue :oops: from rolling around on the bunk bed trying to get warm and distract myself from the ankle pain.

I'm writing up the adventure (what I did right, what I did wrong, how I was feeling) but it may take a few days since I can only use my left hand and right thumb :lol:

I cannot say enough good things about Jim Bakos, the RMRU team and the people on this board (thanks again Perry!). How do you adequately thank people who have saved your life? I'll be making a donation to RMRU and assisting them in any way possible once I can walk.

I'm still working on a title. Ellen's not-excellent adventure? A series of unfortunate events? All suggestions are appreciated :lol:

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Ellen

Postby Hikin_Jim » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:28 pm

Hi, Ellen, it's really great to see you posting on the board again. Rest and heal well,

Jim (and Michiko)
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
Hikin_Jim

Thank you everyone

Postby Cy Kaicener » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:51 pm

Ellen - Its great that you are back home and back on the message board with your other family :) I will be adding your fitness link to the links on my website as soon as my webmistress adds it.
http://www.cruciblefitness.com/nutrition/bio.htm
http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stor ... 4a79b.html
I never knew you were twice in the Ironman (or Ironperson), climbed Kilimanjaro and Aconcagua, and ran marathons. Very impressive.
. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
http://cys-hiking-adventures.blogspot.com
Cy Kaicener

Postby KathyW » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:06 pm

Ellen:

It's nice to have you back online. I'm looking forward to your trip report, but it'll be even better when I see you back out on the trail again.

Kathy
KathyW

Postby phydeux » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:49 pm

:D Cool !!! :D
phydeux

Postby lee » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:00 am

Hi Ellen, On behalf of a group unregistered readers of this board, welcome back and wish you a speedy recover.
lee

Postby john m » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:50 am

Hello Ellen

Glad to have you back on the board. Hoping you recover quickly and well and make that Mt Whitney date this summer!
john m

Postby AlanK » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:18 am

Ellen -- It's great to have you back posting again. I wish you a speedy and full recovery. A lot of people are are looking forward to your story.
AlanK

Re: THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

Postby Hikin_Jim » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:25 pm

Ellen wrote:I'm still working on a title. Ellen's not-excellent adventure? A series of unfortunate events? All suggestions are appreciated :lol:

Well, anything to help out a fellow hiker in need:
Carry my pack on wounded knee
So this blonde walks into a mountain hut...
Slowed to a crawl
Things were really shakin' on San Jacinto
A crawling sensation
I was a mountain quadruped
Frozen blonde crawling
How to meet cute SAR team members
Chillin' with Ellen
Shiver me timbers: wooden bunks as musical entertainment
Hut, hut, hike!
She'll be crawlin' round the mountain when she comes
Sardines on San Jacinto
It'll be a cold time in the old hut tonight
Helicopter tours of Southern California
Jackknife cooking made easy
Cream of Mushroom with crackers: 4,297 recipes
Bed and Breakfasts of the San Jacintos
Many are cold; a few are frozen
Crawling for fitness
Blonde, Ellen Blonde (with apologies to Ian Fleming)
Ice, Ice, Baby
Bone cold
The lady rode a chopper
Time on my knees
Crawl!
Gimme a break
Let them eat snow
Snow observation: a new perspective
Nightlife in the San Jacintos
Pub crawls were never like this
Top crawls of the San Jacintos
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
Hikin_Jim

Thank you everyone

Postby Cy Kaicener » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:29 pm

That was very good Jim :) This message board has everything - Poets,newsmakers, celebrites,journalists,cooks,search and rescue heroes, Skyline experts and computer wizards. We are blessed.
. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
http://cys-hiking-adventures.blogspot.com
Cy Kaicener

Next

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains