Countdown to Armageddon: 8 days til November 7th

General Palm Springs area.

Countdown to Armageddon: 8 days til November 7th

Postby zippetydude » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:59 am

And so, the countdown begins. Anybody getting scared yet?

z
zippetydude

Postby Ellen » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:27 am

Howdy Z :)

I'm salmon afraid of what I’ve been herring from other hikers on this board -- don't want to flounder on my second attempt :wink:

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Last edited by Ellen on Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ellen

Postby Dave G » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:12 pm

Ellen wrote:Howdy Z :)

I’m salmon afraid of what I’ve been herring from other hikers on this board -- don't want to flounder on my second attempt :wink:

Miles of smiles,
Ellen

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe we'll see ya up there, Ellen. I just might have to witness this craziness firsthand. :shock:
Dave G

Postby zippetydude » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:45 pm

I'm salmon afraid of what I’ve been herring from other hikers on this board -- don't want to flounder on my second attempt :wink:

Miles of smiles,
Ellen

Hmmm. Sounds fishy.

z
zippetydude

Postby Hikin_Jim » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:31 pm

zippetydude wrote:

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Hmmm. Sounds fishy.

z
Ellen, what grouper ya gonna hike with? This hike's going to be a real roughy. Just think of how good it'll feel to perch at the bar. Keep this in mind when you're headed up the pike. Don't get caught up in emotional morays. Such thoughts will really hawrasse you. I know many of us can be a sucker for that. Even if you feel crappie, I know you can do it.

Even though your hair has been grayling for a while (you're old enough to be my gramma), stick to the bassics, and you'll be fine. There will be no need for you to be rushed to the sturgeon like after that winter trip.

As for Zip, I'm sure eel help you if you get in trouble. If Zip's not around -- remember your faith in Cod. He'll shad some light on it and uplift your sole. Remember, there's always a ray of hope.

Walleye'd better get going,

yours,

HJ
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
Hikin_Jim

Postby Ellen » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:07 pm

Howdy Jim,

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK -- now I'll really have to drink beer at the end of the Terrible Two since I just hurt myself falling off my chair and LMAO after reading your post.

Good heavens man, you could have a second career -- hiking humor.

Thank you for NOT putting "sardine" into the fishy mix (or should I say Bassomatic). The only worthwhile part of "SARdines" are the first three letters of the name 8)

Miles of smiles,
Ellen

z[/quote]Ellen, what grouper ya gonna hike with? This hike's going to be a real roughy. Just think of how good it'll feel to perch at the bar. Keep this in mind when you're headed up the pike. Don't get caught up in emotional morays. Such thoughts will really hawrasse you. I know many of us can be a sucker for that. Even if you feel crappie, I know you can do it.

Even though your hair has been grayling for a while (you're old enough to be my gramma), stick to the bassics, and you'll be fine. There will be no need for you to be rushed to the sturgeon like after that winter trip.

As for Zip, I'm sure eel help you if you get in trouble. If Zip's not around -- remember your faith in Cod. He'll shad some light on it and uplift your sole. Remember, there's always a ray of hope.

Walleye'd better get going,

yours,

HJ[/quote]
Last edited by Ellen on Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ellen

Postby zippetydude » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:18 pm

Wow. Now that was impressive. And quick too! Hey, didja get permission yet? Didja? Didja?

z
zippetydude

Postby tinaballina » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:49 pm

cant wait .....i feel like a little kid......oh wait, i already still act like one.
tinaballina

Postby Ellen » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:52 pm

Howdy Jim :)

I can guarantee that I will look forward to the rainbow at the end as I trout my way up the cement 8)

You have to come -- no one else can even come close to providing the essential comic relief :lol: I know you're hooked, we just have to reel you in :twisted:

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Ellen

Postby Hikin_Jim » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:43 pm

Ellen wrote:Howdy Jim :)

I can guarantee that I will look forward to the rainbow at the end as I trout my way up the cement 8)

You have to come -- no one else can even come close to providing the essential comic relief :lol: I know you're hooked, we just have to reel you in :twisted:

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
I bet you use that line on all the guys...
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
Hikin_Jim

Next

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains