Strawberry loop

General Palm Springs area.

Strawberry loop

Postby Ellen » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:05 pm

Howdy All,

Marilyn and I hiked the strawberry loop on San Jacinto on Sunday. We had been warned about rattlesnake sightings on the Strawberry section, but fortunately didn't encounter any. The wildflowers at the Strawberry cinegea were exquisite -- I should have taken a photo. On Deer springs we ran into two Riverside Mountain Rescue Unit heroes (Cameron and Mike) who were hiking down. Had a nice chat and thanked them for their service. Also saw Doreen the Skyline Queen and her friend Liz. The weather was warm and humid but fortunately clouds moved in as we started the climb up from the Fuller ridge junction. Also enjoyed a bandana dip at the Bed springs crossings -- well, a bit more than that but trying to keep this PG for Hikin" Jim :wink: Topped off the day with a fabulous meal at the Original Las Casuelas.

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Ellen

Re: Strawberry loop

Postby zippetydude » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:27 pm

Ha! Bandana dip! :D

Ellen, you know my story about the dip at Caramba that time! Timing is everything. Could have been :oops:

Anyway, too bad you weren't over on San G. I turned around at Dollar Lake Saddle when it started with thunder, rain and hail - me wearing my usual tank top and running shorts. It was deliciously cool and refreshing but might have gotten to be a bit much had it come down much harder or very long. Love those back country storms!

z
zippetydude

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains