Snow Creek PCT trail Sunday Nov 13

General Palm Springs area.

Snow Creek PCT trail Sunday Nov 13

Postby Ellen » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:04 pm

Howdy All :)

I'll be doing my second Snow Creek PCT hike to the tram on Sunday November 13. This is a 31 mile, 11 K gain and 2.5 K loss point to point hike. The night of Nov 10, we have a full moon, which will help with starting in the dark (~3 AM). Sunday works better for my companions than Saturday.

Several other folks have expressed interest (Sally and the CraigMeister). I expect to complete the hike in 12 hours or so.

I'm hoping the greyhounds will come out (Z-dude, the Dynamic Duo, etc.) You can start later and provide encouragement as you fly by 8)

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Ellen

Postby myotherboots » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:11 pm

Count me in sister...I have been wanting to do this one for quite awhile...

Robin
myotherboots

Postby zippetydude » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:11 pm

That's probably a good date - it's much more fun in the fall without the gnats!

z
zippetydude

Postby bluerail » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:23 pm

whos the girl with the boots?
bluerail

Postby myotherboots » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:00 pm

Bluerail...
Been Honky Tonkin and Two Stepping in the Sierras a bit this summer. Hope to see you and Fern out there this weekend... Please be a team player and run "sweep" on the bugs.

Robin
myotherboots

Postby Ellen » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:16 am

Howdy Robin :)

Hope your bug experience in the Sierras was better than mine :lol:

It will be great to start with you on the PCT hike 8)

Howdy Z-dude :)

I cannot even bear to think about hiking the PCT with the gnats -- they drove me crazy on San Bernardino peak and Deer Springs.

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Ellen

Postby Ellen » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:03 am

Howdy All :)

Bumping this thread up 8)

I am still planning on doing the Snow Creek PCT to tram on Sunday November 13. The full moon is Thursday November 10. If Novemeber's full moon is anything like the one this month, it will be beautiful. I am starting at 3:30 AM with Sally and the Craigmeister. Hopefully some of the greyhounds (those folks with speedy alien DNA) will also come 8)

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Ellen

Death March...

Postby mjordon » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:33 am

Hey Ellen & everyone else,

I just did this same route in reverse on October 6 (the day after that last storm). It was absolutely beautiful because of the ice at the peak and I had decided that if I made it to the peak before noon, I'd just walk back down the long way to my place in Snow Creek. It was a longer day than expected and I fell hard a few times on the ice on the way down from the summit, but overall it's a very worth while hike for those that haven't done it. My one regret is that I decided to off-trial it from the top of Los Ohos canyon and it was much harder than expected because of the canyon crossing back to the PCT. It's a class 3-4 out of that particular poison oak filled canyon and I did wind up finding some pot-farming equipment along the way that looked like the last few storms washed some of it downstream.

The Fuller Ridge Trail is soon becoming one of my favorite trails on San Jacinto.

Eat your weaties folks, you're going to need em! :lol:
SAR Member
Difficulties are just things to overcome, after all.
-Earnest Shackleton
mjordon

Postby Ellen » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:53 pm

Howdy Matt :)

Fuller Ridge is so beautiful that it completely elimiates the pain of the 18 mile climb up the PCT 8) Well, most of the pain anyway :wink: Thanks for the XC recon, we'll be sticking to the trail.

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Ellen

Postby bluerail » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:51 am

looks like we are in, you still have a juice stand up there behind the tree zip ?
bluerail

Next

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains