Anyone want to ski San Gorgonio?

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

Anyone want to ski San Gorgonio?

Postby jferber1 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:57 pm

Looking for a ski / snowboard partner to climb and ski San Gorgonio when there's enough snow. Please e-mail me. Thanks.
jferber1
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:53 pm

San G. Decent

Postby powderfinder » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:05 pm

Im down, but it will have to wait till next season. Where are you from?
theres nothing a good day of snowboarding wont cure.
User avatar
powderfinder
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Anyone want to ski San Gorgonio?

Postby Schützenweber » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:50 am

jferber1 wrote:Looking for a ski / snowboard partner to climb and ski San Gorgonio when there's enough snow. Please e-mail me. Thanks.

I've been wanting to do it.
In December I humped my board up but there wasn't enough of a base and just fresh pow. Gouged my deck up pretty bad on submerged rocks and stuff.

But after this system it should be nice and GTG.

You skinning or carrying?
User avatar
Schützenweber
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:36 pm

Skin or carry

Postby powderfinder » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:30 pm

who skins and who carries? I personally hate split-boards and prefer walking.
theres nothing a good day of snowboarding wont cure.
User avatar
powderfinder
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Postby Perry » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:35 pm

It's better than skinning a regular snowboard. That would be interesting to watch the ascent... :D
If you need help signing up as a new member, please send an email to Contact @ Mt San Jacinto . info (without the spaces)
Perry
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:01 pm
Location: The Desert

Re: Anyone want to ski San Gorgonio?

Postby JustinK » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:32 am

Schützenweber wrote:In December I humped my board up but there wasn't enough of a base and just fresh pow. Gouged my deck up pretty bad on submerged rocks and stuff.



Ouch hopefully your board has recovered...

I'm working on getting a group of 3-4 to climb San G over two days from South Fork side over president's day weekend. A couple of us have been talking about hauling ski's/boards up for the descent.

Where did you ascend? direct from Dry lake or over the dollar lake saddle? Did you descend the north facing shoots? Big Draw? or Jepson Bowl?

The more the merrier if you want to join us.
JustinK
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:23 am

Re: Skin or carry

Postby Schützenweber » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:05 am

powderfinder wrote:who skins and who carries? I personally hate split-boards and prefer walking.

I carry; but why hate?
Seems practical to me ..
JustinK wrote:Ouch hopefully your board has recovered...

I'm working on getting a group of 3-4 to climb San G over two days from South Fork side over president's day weekend. A couple of us have been talking about hauling ski's/boards up for the descent.

Where did you ascend? direct from Dry lake or over the dollar lake saddle? Did you descend the north facing shoots? Big Draw? or Jepson Bowl?

The more the merrier if you want to join us.

Thanks for the invite, but have to pass this time due to an injury.
:(

A little base-weld took care of my deck, never reaced the Summit in December due to bad weather and short on time.
ImageCamped at Dry Lake.

Carved the Baldy Bowl a couple of days ago:
Image
Image

Really looking forward to boarding Gorgonio/Jepson sometime soon, hopefully ..
Reading the last TRs it looks GTG!
User avatar
Schützenweber
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:36 pm


Return to Outdoors-Related Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests