Extra spot Vivian Creek permit, Sat Oct 17 or 31?

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

Extra spot Vivian Creek permit, Sat Oct 17 or 31?

Postby Hikin_Jim » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:19 pm

Anybody got an extra spot on their Vivian Creek permit for Saturday Oct 17 or 31? I've applied for three successive Saturdays in a row, but haven't been able to get a permit.

I'm trying to do the Six Pack of Peaks (Wilson, Baldy, Cucamonga, San Bernardino, San Jacinto, and San Gorgonio). The deadline is Oct 31. San Gorgonio is my final peak.

HJ
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
Hikin_Jim

Re: Extra spot Vivian Creek permit, Sat Oct 17 or 31?

Postby bamm321 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:28 am

Good luck Jim...seems impossible to get on Vivian this year. I put in a month and a half ahead all the way though and still all declined. I'm sure its because of all the trail closures on the other side of the mtn.

Momyer always seems to be available though if your desperate enough :) Good luck!
bamm321

Re: Extra spot Vivian Creek permit, Sat Oct 17 or 31?

Postby Hikin_Jim » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:18 am

bamm321 wrote:Good luck Jim...seems impossible to get on Vivian this year. I put in a month and a half ahead all the way though and still all declined. I'm sure its because of all the trail closures on the other side of the mtn.
Wow. I didn't realize it was that bad.

bamm321 wrote:Momyer always seems to be available though if your desperate enough :) Good luck!
Momyer is great, but I'm trying for the "six pack of peaks" challenge which goes through October 31. I suppose I could do San Gorgonio from the Momyer Creek Trailhead in a day, :shock: but that's a bit beyond my hiking capabilities. Vivian to San G in a day is plenty enough challenge for me.

HJ
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
Hikin_Jim

Return to Outdoors-Related Topics