Story of missing hiker in Joshua Tree NP

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

Re: Story of missing hiker in Joshua Tree NP

Postby adamghost » Sun May 13, 2018 9:22 pm

Hi all. I've finished writing up the Ewasko blog - it's huge, 22,000 words, so I am working now on getting some photo content in there to break it up and I also wanted to wait until I had unofficial confirmation that Rodriguez was who was found at Stubbe Springs, which I've now got.

I'm also absorbing all of the stuff that's being written here - this is really some of the best theorizing I've seen since this all started, great work all - and trying to incorporate it as best I can into what I've got. I was especially interested in the posters talking about how Bill might have deviated from Quail Mountain, and I want to think that input through a bit more. As far as the blog goes I can't guarantee I've solved the mystery - well, I definitely haven't - but I think I've managed to get all the information in, come up with a few theories that are at least plausible and dug up a few new nuggets to chew over, including where I'd look if I ever got back there. I imagine you guys will beat me to it, since I'm currently on the other side of the world and my ankle is still dodgy.

I plan to have it up by next Monday. I'll post a link here when it's ready.
adamghost

Postby sh44 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:27 pm

Hey Perry/Zippetydude, I saw your discussions about searching. I could probably do something this Saturday if that works. Otherwise, aim for another weekend, when we have time. Thanks!
sh44

Postby Perry » Thu May 17, 2018 11:24 pm

sh44 and zip, I sent you a PM.
If you need help signing up as a new member, please send an email to Contact @ Mt San Jacinto . info (without the spaces)
Perry
Site Admin

Postby RichardK » Sun May 20, 2018 5:17 am

Does anyone know what sort of terrain Michael Rodriguez's remains were found in? He was out there for nearly two years before being found. The Stubbe Springs area gets traffic. So, he wasn't out in the open. But, he wasn't so well hidden that he couldn't be found.
RichardK

Previous

Return to Outdoors-Related Topics