How come...

Non-outdoors topics. News, sports, hobbies, politics, humor.

How come...

Postby 93ludegirl » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:41 am

How come everyone posts what theyve already done, and not where theyll be hiking??? I was hoping to meet people and not have to hike alone so much.....but no one says where to meet or when... :?

Sooo, im still hiking alone -oh well...today,2/9, im just gonna start at vons shopping cntr, n do murray peak n back at 815, and tomorrow ima start at Vons at 830 and go to wildhorse to fern to hahn buena vista and down Dunn n back. Friday running S. Lykken n back at 800, and saturday 2/12 about 830 ima go to cross in PD, to schey to art smith. if anyone wantsta come with lemme know, ya cant miss me on the trail, i think im the only 30-something yr old with braces wandering the desert trails, haha :)
Last edited by 93ludegirl on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
93ludegirl
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: palm springs

Postby 93ludegirl » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:17 am

Ha! I found Katheryns "meet up" link in an old post from November, after I posted the above, so i joined that, its exactly what Ive been looking for! Yay! :D
User avatar
93ludegirl
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: palm springs

How Come?

Postby Cy Kaicener » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:44 am

Our message board should have a Plans and Partners feature similar to
http://sangabrielmnts.myfreeforum.org/forum1.php
Here is a link you should look at
http://mtsanjacinto.info/viewtopic.php?t=1033
The meetup group's link is
http://www.meetup.com/Hiking-in-the-Coa ... ges/boards
. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
http://cys-hiking-adventures.blogspot.com
User avatar
Cy Kaicener
 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 3:50 am
Location: Rialto, California, USA

Postby 93ludegirl » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:58 am

Sweet! Thanx Cy :)
User avatar
93ludegirl
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: palm springs

Postby Florian » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:53 am

SoCal Hikers and Peakbaggers group is very active too ..

http://www.meetup.com/SoCal-Hikers-and-Peakbaggers/

-Florian
User avatar
Florian
 
Posts: 1268
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:49 pm
Location: Palm Springs

Re: How come...

Postby zippetydude » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:24 pm

93ludegirl wrote:How come everyone posts what theyve already done, and not where theyll be hiking??? I was hoping to meet people and not have to hike alone so much.....but no one says where to meet or when... :?


Actually, it's a friendly group, and after running into each other on the trail and here on the board a few times, it's not uncommon to call each other directly or just show up at a trailhead on Saturday morning and expect to run into friends. A lot of the folks here do Skyline very frequently, so they don't announce that they'll be going again, for the 10th Saturday in a row...and after there was some negative talk about "officials" closing Skyline down, the discussions about Skyline have been kept quieter.

Now that you've joined Kathryn's group, you'll be meeting a lot of the same people who post here. And you'll run into even more on the trail, as this is a great time of year for trail running.

z
User avatar
zippetydude
 
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 5:40 am

Postby KathyW » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:23 pm

Florian wrote:SoCal Hikers and Peakbaggers group is very active too ..

http://www.meetup.com/SoCal-Hikers-and-Peakbaggers/

-Florian


Yes, please come join us.
KathyW
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:17 pm

Re: How come...

Postby KathyW » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:28 pm

zippetydude wrote:
93ludegirl wrote:How come everyone posts what theyve already done, and not where theyll be hiking??? I was hoping to meet people and not have to hike alone so much.....but no one says where to meet or when... :?


Actually, it's a friendly group, and after running into each other on the trail and here on the board a few times, it's not uncommon to call each other directly or just show up at a trailhead on Saturday morning and expect to run into friends. A lot of the folks here do Skyline very frequently, so they don't announce that they'll be going again, for the 10th Saturday in a row...and after there was some negative talk about "officials" closing Skyline down, the discussions about Skyline have been kept quieter.

Now that you've joined Kathryn's group, you'll be meeting a lot of the same people who post here. And you'll run into even more on the trail, as this is a great time of year for trail running.

z


It is a great time of the year for trail running. Last weekend I ran a section of the PCT from 173 to Deep Creek Hot Springs and back to 173. It was a nice gentle section; so I was able to do do a nice slow jog most of the way. I'll never be able to run something like Skyline, but I do love to do a bit of trail running when it's not too steep.
KathyW
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:17 pm


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron