Permits? Help!!

General Palm Springs area.

Permits? Help!!

Postby IronHoya » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:51 pm

Hi everyone - I would like to get clarification on what permits are required to day hike from Deer Springs Trailhead to San Jacinto Peak. I will already have a Adventure Pass to park my car but do I need a wilderness permit to day hike (no overnight camping)? The FS website isn't entirely clear ( ... ev7_007800). If permits are required for day hiking is there any way I can pick them up via a self service desk (around 5-6am) or do I have to actually pick one up from a ranger during regular business hours? Thanks for the help!
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:44 pm

Re: Permits? Help!!

Postby Florian » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:50 am

You can get a self-issue permit from either the state park or forest service stations in Idyllwild. Both stations have self-service permits so even if you are there before they open you can get permit. Adventure pass is not required for the Deer Springs trailhead! Only for Humber Park if you're hiking Devil's Slide trail. Also note that for weekends and holidays there is a quota on number of permits for Devil's Slide trail. You have to get your permit the morning of your hike.

User avatar
Posts: 1315
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:49 pm
Location: Palm Springs

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 10 guests