White Christmas

General Palm Springs area.

White Christmas

Postby Ellen » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:38 am

Howdy All :)

It looks like we're going to have a lot of new snow for the Sunday Christmas holiday. Perhaps even enough snow to merit a tramshoe. Since I missed all of the snow play last winter due to breaking my shoulder :roll: I am looking forward to this snow season.

From the NWS:

Today
Snow showers, mainly before 4pm. High near 40. West wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Tonight
A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Friday
A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly after 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 44. Windy, with a west wind 20 to 25 mph increasing to 30 to 35 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
Friday Night
Snow, mainly after 10pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 20. Wind chill values as low as zero. Windy, with a southwest wind around 40 mph, with gusts as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 10 to 14 inches possible.
Saturday
Snow. Some thunder is also possible. High near 26. Windy, with a west wind 45 to 50 mph, with gusts as high as 70 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
Saturday Night
Snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
Christmas Day
Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. Blustery.

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Ellen

Re: White Christmas

Postby Sally » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:26 pm

Woo Hoo! :D Just to let y'all know, Ellen has recovered completely from her broken shoulder and I have volunteered her to break trail for all of us for tram-shoeing to the Peak!
Sally

Re: White Christmas

Postby zippetydude » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:19 pm

Sally, you are my hero! Your words remind me of this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiKuxfcSrEU

So, thank you severally for each of your individual sacrifices...

z
zippetydude

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains