Two Lost Hikers Found Uninjured Near Skyline

General Palm Springs area.

Two Lost Hikers Found Uninjured Near Skyline

Postby Cy Kaicener » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:13 pm

. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
http://cys-hiking-adventures.blogspot.com
Cy Kaicener

Re: Two Lost Hikers Found Uninjured Near Skyline

Postby cynthia23 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:06 pm

Thanks for posting, Cy. I saw this earlier in the week and puzzled over it--I'm not sure why they were hiking at night, at this time of year when it's not necessary or indeed, desirable. I also don't understand why they didn't wait until morning light to find their way again-it hardly seems likely they were in a life threatening situation, with temps nearly ideal, neither too warm or cold. However to be fair, perhaps there are circumstances we don't know. Still, it seems odd. Another strange SKyline situation. :?
Q: How many therapists does it take to screw in a light bulb? A: Only one, but the light bulb has to want to change ...
cynthia23

Re: Two Lost Hikers Found Uninjured Near Skyline

Postby Wildhorse » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:15 pm

I suspect it is the lure of shooting stars above, city lights below and forty shades of gray all around. Those things, I guess, and the experience of danger and invincibility.

Too bad they failed and called 911. They were perhaps unprepared for the truth about wilderness and our fallibility, and not ready to be lost. Maybe someday they will be ready.
Wildhorse

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains