Anyone doing the Tram Road Challenge?

General Palm Springs area.

Re: Anyone doing the Tram Road Challenge?

Postby Cy Kaicener » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:54 am

Thanks Ed. Troy stopped hiking after he got married. I am glad he has started up again and I hope he is still married. Once we sank up to our waists in snow soon after the traverse. He was determined to make It up to Long Valley. The trip took us nearly 12 hours. I could not turn back and leave him on his own. Neither of us had snow shoes. I was glad he talked me into it.
. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
http://cys-hiking-adventures.blogspot.com
Cy Kaicener

Re: Anyone doing the Tram Road Challenge?

Postby Ed » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:26 am

Cy Kaicener wrote:Thanks Ed. Troy stopped hiking after he got married. I am glad he has started up again and I hope he is still married. Once we sank up to our waists in snow soon after the traverse. He was determined to make It up to Long Valley. The trip took us nearly 12 hours. I could not turn back and leave him on his own. Neither of us had snow shoes. I was glad he talked me into it.

Sounds like the kind of epic I have every intention of avoiding. Troy said he took 20 years off to raise his kids, who are now on automatic, I guess. Not interested in hiking, evidently, one is into running, the other into dancing. Troy hikes in the dark without a headlamp, as some people do. I have enough trouble following the trail with one. Wonderful things, these modern headlamps, When did they appear? Nobody used them in the 70's, they were too heavy and bulky then.
Ed

Previous

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains