Another great trip up Skyline

General Palm Springs area.

Another great trip up Skyline

Postby sdpacatc » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:31 pm

Hi Everyone

I just thought I would share my latest experience on that wonderful skyline trail. One of my buddies is blessed to have a friend who loans us her condo in Palm Springs every year, it makes it much more enjoyable to arrive on Friday, get up early on Saturday and make it back down with plenty of time to go enjoy the pool or Jacuzzi with some cold refreshment before heading out to devour some food and then driving back down on Sunday. It really makes for a great experience.
ImageLit Up by Brad Spiess, on Flickr
I am really impressed with how the trail has been fixed up this pass year. There is almost no reason to get lost or cut trails in the beginning of the trail behind the museum, its very easy to follow. After Flat Rock I did find myself unintentionally cutting a trail or two only to realize it when I met up with the fixed trail.

My legs cramped up like crazy again from Flat Rock up to Grubs Notch. One of these days I'll figure out how to avoid that but in the meantime its just par for the course.

What was really interesting was hiking the first part of the trail with a full moon overhead, I could have probably turned off my headlamp it was so bright, it really helped bring the hike come alive by seeing the surrounding terrain and appreciating it more. If you get the chance and can schedule it this way I would suggest doing so, this just happened by chance for us.
ImageFull Illumination by Brad Spiess, on Flickr

I look forward to next years adventure.
Brad
sdpacatc

Re: Another great trip up Skyline

Postby rggibbons » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:19 pm

Wow, fantastic pictures, Brad! Thanks for sharing. I'm hoping to get up there again in early May, look forward to seeing the improvements on the trail...Robert
rggibbons

Re: Another great trip up Skyline

Postby hawkbill666 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:18 am

Thanks so much, I love to read skyline/C2C reports and great pictures. This is the best way to keep my favorite hike in my head between my way too infrequent visits to Palm Springs.
hawkbill666

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains