Countdown to Armageddon: 8 days til November 7th

General Palm Springs area.

Postby Florian » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:43 pm

Ellen wrote:I can guarantee that I will look forward to the rainbow at the end as I trout my way up the cement

Best part of my plan to hike up and back down is i will avoid the cement! But of course i'll miss the fun at the bar.

-Florian
Florian

Postby bluerail » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:06 pm

Florian, whos to say that walk back down wouldn't be better handled after Thomas or Lewis help you out at the bar ?
bluerail

Postby bluerail » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:07 pm

...and since I had the carp scared outta me I feel a little better about next weekend.
bluerail

Postby MTNMAMA » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:52 pm

Hi everyone...

Looking forward to the Skyline Double just one week from today. Most of us will be licking our wounds by this time next week, I'm sure. :-) I will be driving in from Phoenix Friday afternoon. Are there any gatherings being planned for Friday night to coordinate groups going up or is everyone on their own? Will there be people available to shuttle for those going at it a second time? Looking forward to meeting everyone!

MTNMAMA
MTNMAMA

Postby zippetydude » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:25 pm

MTNMAMA: Hey there! I'm glad you're coming. If you will wade through all the posts on the Nov 7 thread, you can find exact answers, but here's a brief summation:

Tina's parents will be shuttling people over from the tram. Most people will be starting at 2:00 or 2:30 on Saturday, so there'll be a ton of people in the museum lot at that time. You shouldn't have any problem finding friendly hikin' fools to hike with. The second time up will probably be a fairly slow grind, so there'll more than likely be plenty of time for conversation along the way. After arriving at the top, it's kinda informal and unplanned at this point. Most will get at least a cold one or two at the Tram bar. Then it's possible people will come down and get a late lunch / early dinner together at Las Casuelas in Palm Springs.

z
zippetydude

Postby Hikin_Jim » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:57 am

zippetydude wrote:Hey, didja get permission yet? Didja? Didja?
Yes.

I'll be doing Newton Drury Pk and San Jacinto Pk from the tram, but hope to rendezvous with you all at either the tram or Las Consuelas post hike.

See you all out on the mountain on Saturday. :D

HJ
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
Hikin_Jim

Re: Countdown to Armageddon: 8 days til November 7th

Postby » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:29 pm

zippetydude wrote:And so, the countdown begins. Anybody getting scared yet?

z

I must have gotten scared, cuz I ended up getting some weird illness...combination of really dry throat, fever, headaches, sneezing, some nausea. flu? i dunno, but luckily it has subsided and I was able to get in one cardio workout today so i can rest tomorrow.

Re: Countdown to Armageddon: 8 days til November 7th

Postby Hikin_Jim » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:13 pm

Zé wrote:I must have gotten scared, cuz I ended up getting some weird illness...combination of really dry throat, fever, headaches, sneezing, some nausea. flu? i dunno, but luckily it has subsided and I was able to get in one cardio workout today so i can rest tomorrow.
Sounds like me right before I proposed to my wife. :wink:
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
Hikin_Jim

Previous

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains